Monday, March 1, 2010

My favorite Mets

Over the next couple of weeks or so I plan to write up a full report on my All-Time favorite Mets team. Pulling from players across generations I plan to build a 25 man squad that, well, makes me happy. You'll notice the list is light on pre-1985 Mets, well that's mostly because I haven't been a fan of the team for much longer than that. And even learning the history of the team cannot give me the proper appreciation of those guys that I would need to make them my "favorite" players. The list is not the 25 best Mets team, or a historically greatest 25 Mets team but my favorite players.
Without further ado, here is the list:
C: Gary Carter
1B: Keith Hernandez
2B: Edgardo Alfonzo
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Howard Johnson
LF: Mookie Wilson
CF: Carlos Beltran
RF: Darryl Strawberry
Bench: C - Mike Piazza, OF - Lenny Dykstra, OF - Cliff Floyd, IF - David Wright, IF - John Olerud

SP: Tom Seaver, Dwight "Doc" Gooden, David Cone, Al Leiter, Johan Santana
LR: Brett Saberhagen, Frank Viola
RP: Nolan Ryan, Roger McDowell, Jesse Orosco, John Franco, Armando Benitez

More on each individual player (or groups of players) as the month before the season starts progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment