Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jerry Manuel Inspires Confidence for The New York Mets

Okay, I have to admit something to you, the reader—the title of my article is a complete lie. I was skimming Mets news yesterday, trying to glean any interesting little nuggets that might brighten my day (on a personal note - I found nothing in the Mets news to brighten my day other than Oliver got rid of the mohawk). When I came across this interesting little piece of praise for Daniel Murphy (Emphasis Mine);


""I think Daniel Murphy can do enough that we can survive," manager Jerry Manuel said."


Holy Freakin' Cow!  Thank you so much, Coach!  You think he can do enough so we can survive?!? If that is not a vote of confidence from the Big Man, I don't know what is! (Sarcasm also mine) 


Then there is this interesting tidbit...(again emphasis mine): "He has some range at first base," Manuel said. "There are some things he can do, but I think the other pieces we have in place are going to have to perform to their offensive capabilities for us to get away with not relying solely on say what a Carlos Delgado would have brought." So if the other guys don't perform, we're screwed?  Sounds like our esteemed leader is none too excited about his offense to start the season. 


Don't get too down though, Mets fans, because our indomitable GM, Mr. Omar Minaya, is about to complete the deal of the century. The New York Mets are preparing to announce that they have signed...(drumroll please)...Fernando Tatis to platoon at 1st Base with Daniel Murphy. This signing no doubt puts to rest all of Jerry's concerns about having Murphy at first base. 


Maybe I am too much of a "Debbie Downer," and maybe I am reading way too much into his comments but this does not inspire confidence.


 


* Here is some positive Daniel Murphy stuff; HoJo thinks he could hit 24 Bombs this year.


* Johan is happy, Ollie is not spinning... hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment